Orthogonal Latin Squares
The applet below is just a tool for constructing orthogonal latin squares. Even for small sizes the task is not quite that trivial, unless one applies some simple theory.
In the applet, you can swap the letters in two not necessarily adjacent squares by clicking on those squares in succession. The squares must be located in the same column or the same row. You can also rotate the letters vertically and horizontally by clicking just outside the big square. Left and right letters in pairs are dealt with separately.
|What if applet does not run?|
- Latin Squares: An Introduction
- Two Simple Problems with Latin Squares
- Latin Squares. Simple Construction
- Orthogonal Latin Squares
- An Interactive Gadget: Orthogonal Latin Squares
- Marriage Problem, a constructive proof
- Robbers divide their loot
- Infinite Latin Squares
- Skyscrapers Puzzle