Tribute to Invariance
Glossary (after American Heritage Dictionary)
- Analogy: Similarity in some respects between things that are otherwise dissimilar.
- Conformity: Similarity in form or character; agreement. Action or behavior in correspondence with current customs or rules.
- Correspondence: Similarity or analogy.
- Equivalent: Having similar or identical effects. Being essentially equal, all things considered.
- Invariant: Unaffected by a designated operation, as a transformation of coordinates.
- Model: One serving as an example to be imitated or compared.
- Paradigm: An example that serves as pattern or model.
- Pattern: A consistent, characteristic form, style, or method.
- Regular: Orderly, even, or symmetrical. In conformity with a fixed procedure, principle, or discipline.
- Similarity: A corresponding aspect or feature; equivalence.
- Symmetry: A relationship of characteristic correspondence, equivalence, or identity among constituents of an entity or between different entities.
Copyright © 1996-2018 Alexander Bogomolny