Pythagoras' Theorem By Sheer Shearing
This is a demonstration of Proof 69 from the growing collection.
The proof is based on shearing transformation, or (I.35): Parallelograms which are on the same base and in the same parallels equal one another..
To see how it works keep pressing the "Move" button.
|What if applet does not run?|
An unfolded variant of this proof appears on a separate page.
- Shearing Butterflies in Quadrilaterals
- Area of Parallelogram Formula by Shearing
- Parallelogram and Ellipses
- Proof 37 of the Pythagorean theorem - by David King
- Shearing a Polygon into a Triangle of Equal Area
- Pythagoras' Theorem By Sheer Shearing
- Shearing and Translation in Pythagorean Pants